All participants to any of the challenges and events are required to read, consider and adopt this simple friendly advice, so everyone can remain safe while training through all4seasons, day or night. This is obviously not meant as replacement for your own safety procedures, but for the newbies it's a great start.
Please ensure you read this document below before proceeding to any challenge or SignUP AS WE CAN'T ADD YOU TO OUR STATISTICS AND SCOREBOARDS
Everyone at JustRunLYSS first and foremost is a runner committed to creating a bigger bunch of runners. An awful lot of information is added to the pages and social media and everything should be classed, considered and viewed as friendly, helpful and inspirational BUT anecdotal advice, and should never replace professional advice and you own common sense. If you are taking up exercise or adjusting your dietary intake or greatly increasing your physical output please consult your medical team beforehand.
OUR TOP POINTS for the run
- Don't put yourself at risk or in harms way. We're just running, not going to war.
- Stay seen both day and night fall in love with reflective items as they work and stick to well lit routes.
- Plan your route in advance and inform a family member, especially if going off-road or out after dark.
- Carry your fully charged phone
especially if going off-road or out after dark.
- Carry an emergency £5 note for fast-transport or food if you get lost, injured or you need to get out of there fast
- Don't overdo it Even though we have created a 365 day challenge platform we're not telling/asking/implying you to log every day. Don't run on a bug, don't run when drunk or dehydrated and don't run against professionals advice.
- Take water with you if you're not racing or going for great efforts. For every gram of carbohydrate burned you release 4ml of water from your cells.
- Breathe to the fullest capacity of your lungs, half breaths hurt and damage you in the long-run. Take control of your oxygen and your running will explode at the seams. Full breaths in & full breaths out.
- Treat your body good - the longer you run, the more you'll see our body does not function well if we don't feed it the correct formulas. Natural first, processed second.
- Have an escape plan should you get followed or intimidated. #JustRunLYSS
The JustRunLYSS platform relies on you not getting lost or hurt and needs to maintain an army of healthy runners.
Running is the long game and nothing happens in a hurry. Just relax, ease yourself into it and before you know it you'll be a long distance runner. It's all about enjoyment. Heroics will only get you so far as Mojo can't keep up.
IF YOU'RE HAPPY TO PROCEED, WE NEED YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT YOU WON'T BE HOLDING US LIABLE FOR YOU WELFARE OR SAFETY WHEN YOU'RE OUT RUNNING EVEN IF YOU WERE ENCOURAGED YOU TO RUN WHEN YOU DIDN'T WANT TO. IT HAPPENS.
You'll be redirected to our Supply Lines where you can get another 10% off everything at JustRunLYSS.org